all-season alpine fun
Top Big White Experiences
- Lace up your skates and take a spin on Big White’s Olympic-sized outdoor rink, surrounded by the breathtaking view of snow-covered trees and picturesque mountains.
- Experience the thrill of mushing through the backcountry on a dog sled tour, a whole new kind of family adventure.
- Take a snowshoe tour on Big White’s secluded wilderness trails. Go on your own or book a snowshoe tour.
- Take a one to four hour snowmobile tour through Big White’s backcountry.
- Climb an ice tower! Rent over $1000 worth of climbing equipment and start your 18-metre ice climbing adventure.
- Relax on a horse-drawn sleigh ride under the stars, and experience the backcountry in the winter while sipping hot chocolate with your loved ones.
- Zoom downhill at the Mega Snow Coaster Tube Park. There are five specially groomed lanes that allow thrill seekers of all ages to enjoy a high speed ride down the slopes, and it’s open at night!
- Take the Bullet Chair in the summer and get one of the best-ever views of the magnificent mountain, laid bare of snow and flourishing in the sunshine.
- Enjoy the fresh mountain air and cooler temperatures at the various festivals and events that run throughout the season.
- Follow the brightly-coloured Inukshuks for a hike around the mountain and discover what lies under the snow.
Good to know before you go
- There is no smoking anywhere in the Alpine, on the hiking trails, or on the lift.
- Sunburns can happen at any time of year, wear sunscreen and bring your sunglasses.
- Weather conditions change rapidly on a mountain; be sure to pack layers, regardless of whether you are coming in summer or winter.
- There are deals and packages available year round. Check the website for the time when you’re planning your visit.
- Long weekends and holidays book up fast. Make sure you secure your reservations well in advance and ask about special deals around the time of your stay.
Outdoor adventure is yours for the taking at Big White Ski Resort. It’s a playground for families and friends to enjoy during the winter and summer seasons. Pack your camera and your hiking boots for a summer adventure surrounded by the lushness of nature. In the winter, grab your gear and head up the mountain for fun in the snow that will leave you with a snow tan and a big smile. Be sure to check out our summer and winter events and information pages.
Big White is 56 km (35 mi) from the Kelowna International Airport (YLW). During the winter, there are shuttles that will take you directly to the mountain.
When you drive yourself, it’s a short 45 minutes from Kelowna, an hour from Beaverdell, two hours from Rock Creek and two and half hours from Greenwood.
There are express buses that run from the Kelowna area as well.
Stay & Play
In the winter, Big White has accommodation available to suit any budget. Choose from hotel rooms to chalets to large pet-friendly lodges. This is Canada’s largest ski-in, ski-out resort village, so after a long day on the slopes, you can ski right back to your door. Several rentals have hot tubs. Enjoy a soak after a day out on the mountain. There’s a central reservation service to make booking your stay that much easier.
Big White offers several services to its guests, including a concierge service, repairs and tuning of equipment, rentals, shopping, day spas, shuttles, health and fitness centres, and a medical clinic. For more information on hours of operation and what you can rent, check out their mountain services page.
Big White has events year-round to delight and entertain you. From après-ski to photo contests, fireworks and craft fairs, there’s usually something to do on the mountain – including plenty of free activities for the kids. Check out their calendar of events for when you plan your stay here.
Check out the fast facts section on Big White’s website where you can find information on snowfall, elevations, shopping, terrain, weather conditions, restaurants and bars, schools, daycare and activities.
Black Forest Day Lodge
Big White’s newest addition is the Black Forest Day Lodge. Come and enjoy delicious food and tasty beverages while you take in the beautiful views. Highlights of the day lodge include:
- 150 seat quick serve food outlet
- Southwest-facing outdoor seating area
- Spacious day use lunch room for guests to gather while fueling up
- New expanded parking facilities
- Direct walk-to-lift access
- On-site day ticket sales counter
- Open daily from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Can convert to a 2,000 sq. ft. open meeting and function area