By Season > Winter
Winter Fun and Outdoor Adventure Awaits
Top Winter Experiences
- Ski at one of our three awesome mountains: Big White, Baldy Mountain Resort, and Phoenix Mountain!
- Grab the tackle box and hit a lake for some ice fishing!
- Lace-up your skates for frozen pond/lake skating in and around Grand Forks.
- Grab a cup of delicious coffee or hot chocolate at The Board Room Cafe or Deadwood Junction
- Fat Bike along our Rail Trail system!
Good to know before you go
- Get the inside scoop on trail conditions and avalanche reports. Check with the local snowmobile club before you head out
- Phoenix Mountain is open from mid-December to the end of March. Check their website for hours. There are no accommodations at Phoenix Mountain
- Mt. Baldy is open 7 days a week in the winter, starting December 1. Accommodation at Mt. Baldy is for rent by owner
- Big White has hotel rooms, chalets, and large pet friendly lodges
- Marshall Lake Nordic Trails and the warming Dacha are both dog-friendly
- Fresh-water fishing regulations in BC require you have a fishing license (even in winter)
- Many of the most beautiful trails run through sensitive eco systems – please stay on marked trails to avoid damaging the environment and pack out what you pack in
Rediscover the reasons you choose to call Boundary Country home. Since travel guidelines limit your options right now, why not explore the diverse, wide, open spaces surrounding you. Chase winter adventures, both new and old. Refamiliarize yourself with the frozen lakes, snow-covered mountains, and quaint paths that may have become distant in recent years. Grab those skis, skates, snowshoes, and toboggans and play in your backyard until your toes get numb (dress warmly!). People from other places would love to be in your location right now, so don’t take your own winter wonderland for granted.
It’s important to stay active for both your mental and physical health! Follow the provincial health guidelines but enjoy yourself while doing it. There’s plenty of space to socially distance in Boundary Country. Enjoy your home. Take advantage of the bounty you have around you!
Fishing – 365
The fresh, crisp, winter air awaits you. Revisit an old tradition or create a new one with your bubble! Pick up the fishing pole and enjoy your favourite fishing spot, but seated on the ice in a fishing tent. Some favourite spots are Jewel, Williams, Wilgress and Xenia, but you already know that.