Discover the many ways to explore boundary country trails
Top Winter Experiences
- Spend a day on the slopes at Big White, then relax in the village
- Explore the quiet solitude of The Great Trail (formerly the Trans Canada Trail) in winter cross-country skiing or snowshoeing
- Learn to ski on the quiet, gentle slopes at Phoenix Mountain community ski hill
- Angle for trout, small-mouth bass or mountain whitefish, ice-fishing Jewel Lake or Christina Lake
- Head up to Baldy Mountain Resort for some family ski fun
- Sled the snowy alpine bowls to Pass Creek east of Christina Lake
- Snowboard at the Telus Terrain Park at Big White
- Play a pick-up game of shinny, or take some turns on the outdoor rink, skating at Jewel Lake
- Explore Midway’s trail system on snowshoes or cross-country skis
- Book the guesthouse at the Old Cowboy Ranch in Westbridge and spend the weekend sledding acre upon acre of Crown lands surrounding the ranch
Snow Much Fun
Right now is the perfect time to re-discover why you call Boundary Country home. Winter recreation is in abundance, and those wide, open spaces are just outside your backdoor. Stay active and shred, sled, ride, or glide your way through your region! Pick up an old hobby, or try to find a new one. The frozen lakes, snowy slopes and valleys aren’t being explored by anyone else, so you have to pick up the slack!
It’s important to stay local and support local at this point. But, it is also important to take care of your sanity! Get outside, stay active, and nourish the relationships with those in your bubble. What better way to do so than skiing, snowmobiling, skating, or sledding through the region?! Hike or cross-country ski your local section of The Great Trail or head up to your local ski hill at Big White, Phoenix Mountain and Mount Baldy.
As you know, life is a little slower in the Boundary Country winter. This makes it the perfect time to escape or retreat with those in your bubble. A local snowy cabin experience could be just what you need to fix that feeling of being stuck at home! Find a temporary ‘home base’ and carry out your favourite Boundary winter fun in a new, refreshing light.